Saturday, September 20, 2008

This week has been very trying for me for many reasons. I guess I fell behind on entries, sorry about that! This has entry nothing to do with college, so forgive that, too.

I recently got results from the Vaginacologists about an ultrasound test I had gone for. At first I didn't quite understand what the results meant. The Lady-Doctor said I had a heart-shaped uterus and double endometrium, which explains a lot about why everything has been strange for the past nine months. The double endometrium thing is nothing, but what really killed me was the whole heart-shaped uterus deal.

I looked it up to just get a basic idea about it, and basically I'm never going to be able to have children. I could, technically, conceive, but 65-75% of the time it would be a miscarriage. It's scary to me because I would want to try just in case I got lucky and could have a child, but I would feel so very guilty if I miscarried. I'm not even looking to have children yet, but this news absolutely fucking shatters me.

I won't try to have children, it would be too cruel for me to do something like that. The baby would be crushed to death by my uterus - what a horrible way to go! I mean, I get upset when I think that Mav, my goldfish, doesn't have enough space to live. How could I possibly bring something into this world, even with all the love and best intentions, knowing it stood a chance of being killed so cruelly?

I'm setting another appointment up with the Lady-Doctor so I can find out to what degree my uterus is heart-shaped and if my uterus is completely incompetent (incapable of having babies). I think I was fine until Mom asked what was going on. It's not that she made me sad or whatever, but I had to come to terms with the truth and that's always really hard.

All throughout my life friends and family has told me what a great mother I was going to be, how caring I was, how I had the hips (and other equipment) for having kids. Lately on my way to school there have been several babies and toddlers on the bus, and every time I saw how cute they were I started looking more forward to one day having my own. I guess I was preparing my whole life to have kids, and raising them would be the triumph of my life. I would put my everything into my kids, my family would be my everything.

I feel like the rug has been torn out from under me because now I can't even look forward to that. Who the hell am I anymore? I never planned to have a career, or any other major focus. Even writing was placed second. My soul hurts so bad. I have so many questions and so much hurt and I can't cope with it. I can't even name a fucking Pokemon in a video game without crying because I'll never be able to name a child of my own. Taking care of Mav is almost painful and I can't do anything about it.

My heart is very, very broken. My soul can't breathe, and it hurts so bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi lady

my mom's very best friend in the whole world spent her whole life wanting to be a mom and having everyone tell her all the same things they tell you because all of those things are true and she is the greatest person in the entire world (much like you) and all children should be raised by her. Then she got married and pregnant and turns out she has a T shaped uterus which means that more often then not the baby doesn't even make it to the uterus and just starts growing right in her fallopian tubes. this happened a couple times and all ended in miscarriages and her almost dying. so long story short she can't have kids either and it kind of broke her heart. BUT THEN four years ago after getting remarried and other stuff she adopted a baby boy. She's had him since he was only a few days old and I wish I had words to tell you just how much she loves him and just wonderful and beautiful and perfect it is to see them together but I don't think anyone could really come up with words for that. And I know it's not the same as having your own kids but it is a beautiful thing to think about and I have no doubt that one day you could be a incredible mother to babies who need you more then anything to love and and raise and save and give the best life they could ever ask for.

that's my story.
i miss you.
love
hannah